Fix Your Field Productivity!Vancouver Island Construction Association (VICA)
February 28, 2020
Who should take this course?
All site personnel, including Superintendents, Foremen, Lead Hands, and anyone involved in project management or supervision of a project's productivity will benefit from this course.
What will you learn?
This practical, hands-on course sets will teach you how to measure and monitor field productivity. Working with real-life examples, you’ll learn how to identify early indicators of poor productivity, get to the root causes, and eliminate underlying issues that are impacting your crew’s output and profitability.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
Course fee includes:
- See why labour is the biggest risk for any contractor
- Understand what productivity and production are, and how they are calculated
- Recognize the need for establishing benchmarks
- Use your own data to establish benchmarks for your crews
- Know what the productivity of an activity should include
- Determine what to monitor, and how to monitor productivity
- Understand the typical productivity curve of a crew
- Use productivity goals to motivate crews
- Understand your role in the productivity feedback loop
- Recognize common factors that impact field productivity
- Apply strategies that can be used to correct productivity issues
- Use productivity tracking to calculate recovery productivity plans
Lunch, digital certificate provided upon successful course completion, and course material provided by the instructor in-class.
1 day, in-class, featuring instructor presentation, interactive class discussions, and practical, hands-on, group exercises.
Public Price: $699.00
Member Price: $499.00
To Register: www.vicabc.ca/courses