Construction Business ManagementConstruction Industry Training Network
December 19 - 20, 2019
Participants will learn how to improve the management and business systems of their construction company.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
• Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
• Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
• Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
• Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
• Develop a human resource management plan
• Understand the employment cycle/process
• Develop an employee performance evaluation system
• Increase staff morale and engagement
• Understand operational planning for construction companies
• Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
• Understand the importance of financial internal controls
• Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
• Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
• Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
Two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive your CPD accredited certificate you must complete the online portion after the 2-day course.