Saskatchewan Industrial & Mining Suppliers Association Inc.
January 21, 2020 Regina, SK
A half-day Seminar that helps to explain today’s reality for First Nations and Metis people.
With the growing importance of engaging Aboriginal businesses and employees in Saskatchewan, many companies are looking for resources and information about these communities.
This course answers some historical questions that explain today’s reality for First Nations and Metis people. Make sure you attend … interesting, informative and entertaining.
– Introductions and goal setting
– Economic impact of Aboriginal People in Saskatchewan
– Terminology, demographics and socioeconomic issues
– Treaties and the Indian Act in context
– Metis history and current issues
– Myths and opportunities: residential schools, taxation, land claims and education.
The seminar will include role play, case studies, and quizzes for an entertaining, engaging and practical seminar that will give your team the edge in Aboriginal relations.