Storm Sewer Design Course TM31Ontario Good Roads Association
March 23 - 27, 2020
Introduces you to the fundamental design principles used to estimate stormwater runoff and the principles used to design storm water systems.
Who Should Attend
- Storm Sewer Design Worksheet
- Sewer layout and standards
- Structural design of rigid conduits
- Structural design of flexible conduits
- Design of culverts
- Selection of corrugated steel culverts
- Introduction to stormwater management
Those who have had some exposure to stormwater drainage and design who wish to expand their understanding of methods of accommodating storm water runoff for minor and major design storm events, e.g. GIS technologists, draft persons, development design technologists, water resource and development engineers.
Each student must bring their own laptop with licensed version of Microsoft Excel 2007 or Excel Office 365 installed. Students should also bring a metric engineering scale, pens, and mechanical pencils (and computer reading glasses if required)
You should have good comprehension of high school math and be familiar with the use and manipulation of algebraic formulas and the use of Microsoft Excel software, as the course involves the use of these formulae and Excel worksheets to solve storm sewer design and related problems.
Any pre-reading on the use of Rational Method of sewer design, Manning’s and Continuity equations would be beneficial. Students should be able to create, format and use simple spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with various pipe materials used and installation of municipal services would be an asset.
Passing Grade: 60%. Comprehensive final closed and open examinations.
This course is recognized by:
- This course qualifies as a “specialized course” for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisors – Intermediate level (CRS-I) certification program.
- This course may be used for technical specialist, technician, and technologist programs. Point Value = 7
- The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 3.5 Continuing Education Units to this course.
- This course meets the Ministry of the Environment’s criteria for Continuing Education training for wastewater operators under O.Reg. 129/04 and has been assigned 3.5 Continuing Education Units.
Register Online or send to [email protected]
or fax to 289-291-6477.